Weather

doghusky1990

Re: Weather

Post by doghusky1990 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:20 pm

I hate to ask but how do I apply the patch file to my server? I have never dealt with that file type before...
I hope it's not too much of a bother to answer my question...
if it is, sorry... :(

DeVeous

Post by DeVeous » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:32 pm

np at all, drop the patch into the root of your repository. And if your use TortoiseSVN then just right click on the file and from the Tortoise sub menu select apply patch.

If you don't use Tortoise let me know what SVN utility you are using to check out the code and I'll give you the information for that utiliy.

doghusky1990

Post by doghusky1990 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Thank you so much,i'll give that a try.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Came across this while looking up how often weather procs on spells, and thought it might eventually be useful for you. Just a graph of weather frequency and duration by zone.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb5 ... ensity.png

Or just frequency:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb5 ... quency.png

I had forgotten that game month affected what weather procs. Zi'tah has a "rainy season", etc.

Edit:
TortoiseSVN decided to irrevocably lock my dsp directory, so I got to go through a full redownload.

When I apply Patch 5, I'm running into a few build errors with equipArmor. It also looks like your patch might be undoing a few other revisions as well (r1585, for example.)

The specific error is:

Code: Select all

lua_baseentity.cpp
c:\dsp\src\map\lua\lua_baseentity.cpp(515): error C2039: 'equipArmor' : is not a member of 'CLuaBaseEntity'
          c:\dsp\src\map\lua\lua_baseentity.h(34) : see declaration of 'CLuaBaseEntity'
c:\dsp\src\map\lua\lua_baseentity.cpp(517): error C2065: 'm_PBaseEntity' : undeclared identifier
c:\dsp\src\map\lua\lua_baseentity.cpp(520): error C2065: 'm_PBaseEntity' : undeclared identifier
c:\dsp\src\map\lua\lua_baseentity.cpp(532): error C2065: 'm_PBaseEntity' : undeclared identifier
Wish I could offer more input than that, but my C-fu is weak. The server starts, but it gives a "failed" result for Build.

DeVeous

Post by DeVeous » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:06 am

Sorry all, equipArmor is one of my custom functions, I'd been pretty good about removing from the patch, but I missed it this time. I'm uploading a new patch now.

Thanks a ton for the weather information, that's going to be great.

-- Edit

I'm currently working on version 6 and here is what's planned.

Remove hard coded logic for default weather, static weather and shared weather and update the zone_weather table to supply that data. I also plan to start putting in the mechanics to utilize the data PrBlahBlahtson provided to impact weather frequency.

Please let me know if you think of anything else that should go into this. Dmg mods are still out of scope atm. Thanks again to everyone who's been testing and giving me feedback.

-- Edit 2

I need some feedback on the forms, if I'm reading it correct or not. For instance the way I'm reading Pashhow, it looks like in April its raining 100% of the time? Is that correct ?

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:13 pm

For the gray background chart, the caption simply claims "Shows intensity of each weather condition sorted by area for the year 1107. Longer lines indicate longer duration and/or double weather."

The white background chart is "Weather Frequency for the Vana'diel year 1107. Shows average weather distribution for each zone for each in-game month."

It's apparently all drawn from here, and the page updates with the weather forecast on retail.

Edit:
Looking at the charts, it looks like the frequency chart is kind of hard to interpret without the intensity chart. Using Pashhow in April as an example, the frequency chart shows that it rained every day. If you look at the intensity chart though, you'll see that it didn't necessarily rain all day, and there was an thunderstorm mixed in for good measure.

The chart also doesn't cover Tu'Lia's periodic light weather, but that's probably due to lack of a forecast NPC.

doghusky1990

Post by doghusky1990 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I just wanted to say thank you. For the first time in almost three years, I got to experience rain, on ffxi, again. It was breathe taking. I took a screenshot.
Again, thank you.
Attachments
rain.png
rain.png (529.49 KiB) Viewed 4792 times

Makocreation

Post by Makocreation » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:26 am

Has this been patched to the test server? =O, Weather ftw.

DeVeous

Post by DeVeous » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am

Thank you all for the testing and the responses, the information and great feedback. Darkstar has an amazing community and this project is blast to contribute to. I've uploaded the lastest patch for weather, and unless there are bugs, this will be the last for a while. I'd like to move on to updating the summoner quest to use getweather util.

doghusky1990

Post by doghusky1990 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 pm

when i go to patch it to version six, I get a lot of popups saying "rejected path husks for ...."