A suggestion for all members

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
jaysunvzw

A suggestion for all members

Post by jaysunvzw » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 pm

I've been playing on a private server for modding and such. Its Fun but lacks the community.

I've been thinking about joining a public server and the Old school seems the ticket.

As a community in my opinion we should all try to have a main server.

Meaning we should all try to play in the same server when we can. This game was originally all about community and working as a team.

I don't have the time I used to have, but I can usually play about an hour a day.

Most people may not have the time to level grind on the old school server...

I for one would sacrifice the exp multiplier of server to be in a larger population based server.

I guess I'm trying to start a conversation toward everyone giving there ideas about what type of server they would like.

Does everyone like the Old school server?

Where are most of our members playing?

What mods to the server are most important.

I think level sync is a must if it can be implemented at some point.

It would be cool if we could get most of our members to agree to spend most of there time on one server to increase the community.

Would love to here every ones thoughts and perhaps the devs and leaders here can help with a poll to learn more about what we each want from

this community and the game.

As always thanks to all that make this site and Darkstar possible.

Isis

Re: A suggestion for all members

Post by Isis » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am

I just started playing old school. I brought a friend in as well. I agree that old school offers the best chance of recreating what was great in FF11 and more people should take part. At the same time the fast track servers offer devs to bug test and work on code. Of course, if they aren't sidetracked by creating hack codes for relics and "new" equipment/food. But open source is all about people taking different courses. My name is Isis in old school. see you there. :D

idlemind

Post by idlemind » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:38 am

Agreed. I am setting up to play on the old school server. I would like to start hosting events for that server once I get a decent character going. Maybe with events will come more of that community sense.

joshr45

Post by joshr45 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:15 am

i'd play if there weren't so many things i keep finding wrong lol, but i like tinkering and whatnot more.
and too many RL things to take care of

elrim208

Post by elrim208 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:28 am

I would play there if there were no books or at least the books weren't terribly broken and gave the gil reward with every page. There are a lot of bugs and things missing but until the server is legitimately old school it seems like a wasted investment. I scour the forums every day to read this change, but I'm being more hopeful than realistic.

idlemind

Post by idlemind » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 am

Would the Old School server have it's own forums or where would we communicate to that sub-group for events? I saw a post indicating that it was ok to announce you were hosting some kind of community event but to not go overboard with it.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:59 pm

If you guys(gals?) can come to a consensus, I'll tweak old-school how you want. Or if someone wants to take it completely over i'll entertain that option too.
-- Whasf

idlemind

Post by idlemind » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:26 pm

whasf I think you're settings on the server are what a lot of people are looking for when they come to this project. The vibe I get when I see it as the DarkStar Project Old School Server is that it's kind of the best one out there.

Would it be appropriate to ask for a sub forum somewhere for users playing on it to be created or would you prefer if we sprung up our own forum?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 pm

There is one, it's under Public Servers / Old-School server
http://forums.dspt.info/viewforum.php?f=24
-- Whasf