Dark Star Mission Question

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
elrim208

Dark Star Mission Question

Post by elrim208 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:45 pm

I'd like to first say how much I appreciate the work you've put into this project so far. I've really enjoyed what time I've spent on these servers so far.

My main question pertains to your overall goal of getting a functional "Rise of the Zilart" game and calling it version 1.0 or whatever. When you do that are you intending to make an official RotZ server that only includes those features with the original rule set? I ask because from your current list of servers, there doesn't seem to be anything like that. The old school server is the closest, but with FoVs, CoP and Aht Urghan content, it doesn't really fit with your overall mission statement.

I want to clarify that I'm not criticizing and I am enjoying my time spent here. I understand that this is more of a testing phase and there aren't any version numbers out yet. I just wanted to know if RotZ was still the main goal and once you are at that "version 1.0" stage, you intend to make a server that is in line with that goal.

Again, I appreciate all the work you have done (and continue to do). I wish you the best on your project, and I hope I can help contribute to make it even better.

Mercdragon

Re: Dark Star Mission Question

Post by Mercdragon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:20 am

from what i read they want to get that content done first then move on to next content less bugs all at once.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 pm

As far as I can tell, the project has no intention of stopping with RotZ missions. Individual members might have their own opinions, and leave once they feel things are "good enough," but I've seen nothing to imply that the train stops when RotZ is done.

There's basically two things keeping me from finishing RotZ right now.
1) We're supposed to be cleaning things up and fixing bugs right now, rather than adding more skeletal features/content that crashes constantly.
2) I have to completely rebuild Ark Angels, since it's missing some rather important things.

Eliseus

Post by Eliseus » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Yeah, I've never heard of anything stopped at RotZ (if you are referring to their mission, that was that their main focus is RotZ), all I've ever heard is they are shooting for pre-aby stuff. That being said, they even accept aby stuff, just simply ask that there be a setting to disable and enable it. Matter of fact, I think that is what they are shooting for in general with all content, to be able to enable/disable certain things.

elrim208

Post by elrim208 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:45 pm

That makes sense I guess. Are FoV's part of this main vision or are they just currently a means to an end? I have a personal preference about them (not entirely positive), but I understand with few people online at any given time it's hard to level and test the content without them. I would play on the old school server if they were removed, but it isn't my place to say whether or not they will stay. I would still like to test when I can though.

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Late last year I tried to put up a list of what needed to be fixed to get to RoZ since everyone was just kind of jumping around and adding stuff they wanted to see working. As you can see that didn't really stick. Right now we have a feature freeze as we try to knock out the bugs that have been hanging around forever or were introduced with recent additions to the code. I'm trying to get some stability back in the code especially since we have some test servers with a good population that can give us crash dumps for us to analyze.

Once we get the current bug count down to a reasonable number, we will start working on adding "new" content.
Look for an announcement on the forums soon where you will be able to submit your wish list as to what will be worked on next and what priorities.

Thanks,
-- Whasf

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 pm

whasf wrote:as we try to knock out the bugs that have been hanging around forever or were introduced with recent additions to the code.
now if only all of us would follow that..

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:08 pm

hey now, we're a team!
-- Whasf

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 am

If I missed any bugs in your queues please assign them to me ^.^ and...is eeze back? if so is he fixing those mission bugs?? If not then I'll keep running through bugs to see if their mine!