Cutscene Data?

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Cutscene Data?

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:00 pm

There's AutoEventID, but it misses a lot of data, especially if there's chained cutscenes involved, which means it won't help me here :)

I'm trying to find the cutscene ID for a string of scenes in Lower Delkfutt's Tower (1/20/121.dat). If you look at Offset 470/0x1d6, there's actually a list of the scenes (0x0016, 0x0024, 0x0025, 0x0026, 0x0027.) Logically, it seems like there should be an EventID nearby that sets off that sequence, but random stabs on my part have had no success. Those are definitely the cutscenes I'm looking for, though.

Is there anyone that's more familiar with how the EventID files are structured that can offer pointers? I'm pretty sure there's a similar issue in Sacrificial Chamber with the end of ZM4/beginning of ZM5, but instead I see BCNM IDs in roughly the same area.

Googling for anyone that breaks down the structure hasn't been very successful. I only have a vague idea of what I'm doing, and thought I'd put out some feelers to see if anyone might already be versed in this.

bluekirby0
Developer

Re: Cutscene Data?

Post by bluekirby0 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:54 am

If you are willing to do some research, you can find a lot of info pertaining to DAT files in the POLUtils forum. You should also be able to find the Java source code for AutoEventID somewhere (I have it...obtained from a public source, if you just cannot find it, but it may take some digging).

The ZM4 and 5-2 cutscenes should be fixed when they are moved to the new BCNM system that knows how to handle those events correctly. Since you are looking at Lower Delkfutt's Tower I imagine a similar fix is not possible for what you are testing.

As far as eventIDs that are not pulled from the DAT files, anything that does not have an NPC attributed to it will not show up. The understanding of the DAT structure wasn't perfect when the tool was made and it works in more than 80% of cases but it isn't perfect. It still looks for an NPC reference before looking for associated IDs.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Re: Cutscene Data?

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:21 am

Oh, but Ancient Flames Beckon has NPCs assigned. :D I figured the understanding wasn't perfect when AutoEventID was released, but the POLUtils forums will probably be quite helpful. Thanks for that, I'll have a look around.

Edit: Accidentally a subject