Edit recasts?

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
Mechachu

Edit recasts?

Post by Mechachu » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to edit skill and spell recasts, as well as character stats. I've tried to edit Skill recasts (Perfect Dodge set to 10 seconds, Sneak Attack to 10 seconds) stuff like that. I've also tried to edit weapon delay and DMG but it doesnt seem to take in game.

Is this possible to do? Thank you!!!!

Re: Edit recasts?

Post by sticky » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:59 am

For recast times just edit the RecastTme column in the abilities and spell_list SQL tables.
On my server I keep a 5min ("300" Number is in seconds) recast on 2hr abilities, and have lowed recast and cast times on a songs to make things a little funner for BRD soloing. ^^

Character stats I've never tried to edit as it seems a bit to much like cheating rather than fun. I would assume they are done as some kind of mathematical solution in the core programing based on your job and race.
If I were to give advice I'd say if you want a good cheat just add the stats you want to a food LUA. XD
That way when you want to play legit you can just eat an antacid, rather than recompile the server.

Mechachu

Post by Mechachu » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:21 am

I've tried editing the recast column to various things. For skills and spells it won't take. It saves, and the next time I open navicat the changes are still there, but they don't transfer into the game. Other changes DO (like changing job levels and ranks)

Also that would work :D It's mostly so hard things can be duod lol

doghusky1990

Post by doghusky1990 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:46 am

Did you shutdown your server before you made the changes? I know when I forget to close it, and I make changes they revert back to normal.

Mechachu

Post by Mechachu » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 am

yep all closed down. Some things do take effect. I can change nation ranks and job levels and stuff.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 pm

When you start up Game_server, it lists a bunch of things it's loading; Zones, spells, etc. Any time you edit those things, the server must be restarted afterwards to have an effect. NPCs and mobs are considered part of the zone, abilities are considered part of spells.

Also, so the client knows what recasts should be. Try using /ja "Sneak Attack" <me> to sneak one by the client.

Mechachu

Post by Mechachu » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Hm I'll try again when I get home. I'll edit as soon as I get on the comp. Maybe something wasn't closing all the way and messing it up.