Expansion question

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
comatose

Expansion question

Post by comatose » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm

So I wanted to do the Chains of Promathia missions and when I entered Delkfutt tower, nothing happens. There's supposed to be a cutscene according to the FFXI wiki guide but nothing happens. There are enemies inside and one of the books is there but that's it.

I'm on my own server and I'm wondering if I just don't have CoP activated for the server or if it just hasn't been coded completely .

Where do I check to see if it's activated on my server and how do I activate it if it isn't?

Thanks.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Expansion question

Post by kjLotus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 pm

they are all deactivated by default, try the settings files (map_darkstar.conf and settings.lua)

Alexandre24

Post by Alexandre24 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:12 pm

It is in the conf folder. After that, the login_darkstar.conf file. Inside, you expansions: 30, bottom. To change the number by the good for all the unlock. But what is the right number?

AlZaabiXIV

Post by AlZaabiXIV » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:44 am

expansions: 4094
Will open all the expansions... from Rise of Zilart to Seekers of Adoulin

aceover9

Post by aceover9 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:42 am

If I haven't installed Seekers of Adoulin can I just activate it in the config file or do I need to install it and do an update and everything?

whasf
Site Admin

Post by whasf » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:20 pm

aceover9 wrote:If I haven't installed Seekers of Adoulin can I just activate it in the config file or do I need to install it and do an update and everything?
You have to install it, the indicators you see at the menu screen come from that bitmask.
-- Whasf

aceover9

Post by aceover9 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks for the info.

I went ahead and installed it. It's stilled greyed out on the login screen and the missions don't trigger. All the expansions I installed initially all light up.

I don't really care if it lights up (plus I hear I can change a file to get the expansions to show active at the login screen) I'm just concerned with the content.

I read about changing one of the config file fields to 4094. What I'm basically wondering is if I can do that and get it to work after installing it even if the expansion doesn't light up on the login screen or if I should take it not showing up on the login screen as a sign that it wasn't installed correctly?

I don't really use the client that I have installed on the server machine and I'm not sure if that's necessary but should I update that one? Is it critical for the server to run?

Thanks for the info.

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:51 am

and the missions don't trigger
Lighting up the icons is separate form the in game content. The settings.lua entries handles the in game content like missions, while the lobby.conf setting just controls the displayed icons before you log into the game.

There is no need for a client install on the server, unlike some other private server projects for other games we don't use any client files at all on the server we map offsets and values into the scripts/sql/code instead. Most of them don't change anyway, much less bloat this way. :)

Some extra info:
If player doesn't have the expansion installed no matter what the server says some things won't work. It is however completely safe to have expansions installed that the server doesn't have enabled. I just tell everyone to use teh full "everything" package from SE's own website, update to latest and be done with it.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Cinaura

Post by Cinaura » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:31 pm

i don't find the expansion: 30 line in my login_darkstar.conf?????

demolish
Developer

Post by demolish » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

it was moved to accounts table
<Giblet[NewBrain]> kj with this first step would be fine on my shit
Click here for a guide on scripting missions.