Special Guest

Re: Own private server question

Post by kjLotus » Sat May 31, 2014 10:31 pm

cubia

Post by cubia » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:08 am

Thanks for your message.

I've tried what you said but sadly, it didnt work. Here's what happened :

Was in South Sandy S. Tried @cs 1, my character stopped to move so i thought the event was about to start, but nothing.

Waited few minutes, still nothing, so i decided to try @cs 0, and as you can see i was indeed in an event, but i just couldnt see it or so it seems...

In order to move again i had to zone myself to another area or i'd still be stuck.

Any idea what's going on ?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 am

if there is no event for that number, nothing happens

cubia

Post by cubia » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:18 am

Tried in other areas :

One time in boneyard an npc talked to me without being able to see it, second time in pso xja, i finally managed to see a cutscene from CoP.

Now you're saying that if there is no event for that number it wont work... hmm... If it doesn't work with cs 0, why when i'm typing @cs 1 its stating that an event has already started ?

And if there is no event for a specific number, how can i find the event i m looking for at south sandy S ? i have to type @cs 0, 1, 2, 3 etc until i finally hit the @cs that will make me talk to the npc i'm looking for ?

Kinda confused i have to admit :mrgreen:

Edit : ok now thats even more weird lol. I've checked scripts, area, boneyard, npc and there is no ramblix npc lua file in the npc folder... so how come i've triggered this guy to talk to me since there is no file about ramblix in the boneyard folder ? wow :o

Edit 2 : checked pso xja, no prishe npc in the npc folder, mostly golem things if i open with notepad. I don't get it anymore... Not sure how that cs popped up with npc talking to me if there is no npc file about them in the related area. If someone mind explaining, i'm up for it !

Signature

Post by Signature » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:16 am

you have to hit esc, if no event started, otherwise youre locked in a cut scene, The cut scene poped up beause you triggered it with your @cs command.. now you know the cut scene/eventID for ramblix and can go ahead and start scripting him with that cut scene Id.

cubia

Post by cubia » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:25 am

Yes i had some issues with event.

As i am working on the WOTG mission 2, where you have to join the iron ram regiment, with your help and from other member's help aswell, this is what i've found so far (written in like 2 mins tho, its not a script, just what i've found) :
Garlaige citadel S
@cs 1 = triggering red recommendation letter event with Randecque
Randecque lends red recommendation letter
receive keyitem : red recommendation letter
next : must talk to Mainchelite : south sandy S to join the iron ram

if red recommendation letter keyitem has been obtained but you talk to the same npc again =trigger @cs 2

South Sandy S
@cs 7 = triggering red recommandation letter event
asked to travel to areas (to be continued...)
So right now, if i want to write a script, i have to write one that will be saved into the garlaige citadel (S) folder named Randecque.

Into that script, i have to trigger the red recommendation letter and make sure the NPC is giving me the keyitem : red recommendation letter (once the event is over and he's done talking).

Add lines as to where to go next ?

Create a Mainchelite file into the south sandy S NPC folder, write a new script indicating that if the player possess the keyitem, trigger event, if doesn't possess, trigger another event which ask the player to bring the red recommendation letter ?

If possess, trigger @cs 7, if not, trigger @cs XX (dunno that one yet).

Once the cs is over, close the script.

And continue on and on ?

Sorry if that sounds pretty stupid, i am trying to get an image of how its done in my head, but i'm not really used to it. Before writing the script and even knowing how to do it, i better get whats the step order.

If i'm mistaken, feel free to say something, just wanna learn and try to fix WOTG on my freetime even with no programming/scripting skills.

Thanks !