Full server experience on Raspberry pi?

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: Full server experience on Raspberry pi?

Post by kjLotus » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:05 pm

no, the "client cannot receive packet" is not gonna be related to the build (there are a billion warnings though) - it actually pretty much always happens when you create new characters. usually I will do the following: log in -> time out -> log in again. if that doesn't work, restart the game server. if that doesn't work, check the pos_zone and pos_prevzone and make sure they aren't the same. never had it go farther than that except when changing the zone wouldn't work because of a trigger

Totien

Post by Totien » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Well, I've done all that. :/ I changed pos_zone to one of the jeunos, left the pos_prevzone as port windurst. I'll have to fraps or something what happens in the client when I try to log in. It's really odd. The model isn't drawn at all for either of the characters I made on the character select screen. Other than that, everything looks normal. No amount of closing and reopening the client or restarting the server has helped. :/

Tom_Neverwinter

Post by Tom_Neverwinter » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:31 am

I might try this on a orangepi pc later quad core 1.35Ghz and 1GB ram. I may even make a docker image of the server and client

Totien

Post by Totien » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:43 pm

I'd be very interested to hear about your progress on that.

For the record, I figured out how to get zmq installed without having to compile from source. It ties into this part of the guide, which is a little off for the Pi.

Code: Select all

sudo su -
apt-get install build-essential
add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
apt-get update
apt-get install gcc-4.9 g++-4.9 cpp-4.9
Instead, you'll want to do this:

Code: Select all

sudo su -
sed -i 's/wheezy/jessie/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get install -y --auto-remove libzmq3-dev gcc-4.9 g++-4.9 cpp-4.9
sed -i 's/jessie/wheezy/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update

Totien

Post by Totien » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:06 am

I give up. I've done everything I can think of. I can't get past that error on the game server.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:24 pm

If you've tried everything normally and it still doesn't work, it could be that something raspberry-pi specific is causing the checksum or compression to owrk incorrectly, which will result in the packet being discarded by the client. I can't really be sure as I don't have one, myself

Totien

Post by Totien » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:16 pm

It's either raspberry Pi specific or specific to the RetroPie distribution. I never did try with Ubuntu but I'll give it a shot probably Friday. If that doesn't work I'll probably revisit it in a few months once I'm farther along my Linux+ studies. Maybe I'll have a better understanding and can work around some issues down the road.

Totien

Post by Totien » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:42 pm

I got the server compiled on ARM/Ubuntu 14.04 without much trouble. Unfortunately I'm getting the same error. The relevant line stood out in your troubleshooting guide:
The error is shown because the blowfish key offered by the client doesn't match the one for the active session, hence "key is invalid."
I've tried edited active and previous sessions. Is there an argument I can pass during the build or connect server that says I literally do not care about encryption, and that this can be skipped? Or any other way around this?

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Totien wrote:Is there an argument I can pass during the build or connect server that says I literally do not care about encryption, and that this can be skipped? Or any other way around this?
no, because you can't skip it on the client

Totien

Post by Totien » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Looks like it's not meant to be.