Feeling Nostalgic :)

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
Smokey Kush

Feeling Nostalgic :)

Post by Smokey Kush » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm

So...I've been feeling a great deal of nostalgia lately and definitely wanna relive my childhood on FFXI. First where can I download the game. Second, what is the most active server among the public/private server that has the normal Vana Diel experience? Help me out! Answers are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

whitevamp

Re: Feeling Nostalgic :)

Post by whitevamp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Smokey Kush wrote:So...I've been feeling a great deal of nostalgia lately and definitely wanna relive my childhood on FFXI. First where can I download the game. Second, what is the most active server among the public/private server that has the normal Vana Diel experience? Help me out! Answers are greatly appreciated! Thanks.
this will help out with part of your question.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/downlo ... l_win.html

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Feeling Nostalgic :)

Post by TeoTwawki » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 am

Second, what is the most active server among the public/private server that has the normal Vana Diel experience? Help me out! Answers are greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Depends on what you mean by normal. Modern retail like? Oldschool 2004 ish retail like?

If you just want a well populated 75 cap server there are several. If you want 75 cap and "go big or go home" on player count, head for Nasomi. Kupo is likely the 2nd largest 75 cap server, recently relaunched with new management.

Right now there's a shortage on servers not 75 capped. I think Valhalla does 90 cap, Jova 99, and Legion is relaunching soon under new management, but all of those have a lot of custom - and the core project we all rely on is lacking in post 75 content so you pretty much have to do a lot of custom for now to even do 99 cap.

And my own server is 180 degrees in the opposite direction from what you want lol

We try to keep an updated list on the wiki https://wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS