Need guidance with expansion icons

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
Crosine

Need guidance with expansion icons

Post by Crosine » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:37 am

Need some help getting the expansion icons on the login screen to "light up". I found where they are located in the login config but cant seem to figure out how to activate them so they aren't greyed out. I was reading a similar post further on in the forums but the answer was kinda vague just stating once you activate them they will display properly. Any kind words of advice would be greatly appreciated. On a different topic whoever was able to fix the field manual issue in western ronfaure I LOVE YOU! Don't suppose you could share how you did it so I can work on fixing some of the other npc's in the area? thanks again for all your hard work and hope to hear from someone soon 8-)

TeoTwawki
Developer

Re: Need guidance with expansion icons

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:58 am

Its a 2-byte bitmask using a decimal entry for the setting.

00000000 Bit0 - Not Used - Original FFXI bit
00000010 Bit1 - Enables Rise of Zilart Icon
00000100 Bit2 - Enables Chains of Promathia Icon
00001000 Bit3 - Enables Treasures of Aht Urhgan Icon
00010000 Bit4 - Enables Wings of The Goddess
00100000 Bit5 - Enables A Crystalline Prophecy Icon
01000000 Bit6 - Enables A Moogle Kupod'Etat Icon
10000000 Bit7 - Enables A Shantotto Ascension Icon

00000001 Bit0 - Enables Vision of Abyssea
00000010 Bit1 - Enables Scars of Abyssea
00000100 Bit2 - Enables Heroes of Abyssea
00001000 Bit3 - Enables Seekers of Adoulin
00010000 Bit4 - Not Used - Future expansion
00100000 Bit5 - Not Used - Future expansion
01000000 Bit6 - Not Used - Future expansion
10000000 Bit7 - Not Used - Future expansion

So all currently existing expansions = 0000111111111110 which = 4094.

Please note that lighting them up does not make them work fully in game. What does work can usually be enabled in settings.lua. As an example lighting up ACP will make the mission log show in game, but if its off in settinsg.lua you can't even get the opening cs, and its not complete even then.
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Crosine

Post by Crosine » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:10 am

Thank you for the quick reply! Not sure I am following though. Do I need to edit that value within a specific script or config file? I apologize as I am still new and learning the basics of coding/scripting/etc., mainly just need to know what file/config I have to alter with what information. :lol: I found the string you replied with but basically don't know where to go from there. :( I know what your thinking (Oh lord another noob that needs it explained barney style, and yes, its true, but desperatley want to learn to do some of what ya'll are doing so I can help make this project go further 8-) ). Thanks again and eagerly await your reply ^^

Crosine

Post by Crosine » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Nevermind I seem to have figured it out. For anyone looking to enable these on your login screen you just need to change the expansion value at the bottom of your login_darkstar.config file from 30 to the final value that lost posted. Good luck guys and code on ^^

TeoTwawki
Developer

Post by TeoTwawki » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Just to try and clairfy what I was trying to explain...

Lobby Server Icons (and mission log display) = conf\login_darkstar.conf
https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... r.conf#L68

Actual content on/off switch (only IF actually coded!) = scripts\globals\settings.lua
https://github.com/DarkstarProject/dark ... gs.lua#L21

Edit: forum kept reversing my links even though when I came into the edit screen they were correct...wtf?
Hi, I run The Demiurge server.

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
PLS USE [ code ] CODE TAGS [ /code ] WHEN POSTING CODE
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME ABOUT BUGS

Crosine

Post by Crosine » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:19 pm

LOL no problem man. I understood what you meant about the difference in the icons and the actual expansion data. I just started this server and currently my goal is in line with darkstars mission for the most part. Right now I am trying to gather as much information to get all the content I can working (npcs correctly displaying, as much expansion pack data working that I can, etc.). I will not be updating my client past the current retail though to make coding content easier. Once I have managed to do that then I will update the client and only fix the issues as they come in from retail updates. Kinda figure that there is no sense in continuing on with updating the client if SE is going to keep moving things around and thus having to keep going back and reworking a ton of information every time they feel the need to shift things around. Who knows, once I get a little bit more savvy with developing I may be able to code a stand alone patch to lock the client to september 2014 allowing everyone to work on developing this amazing game without SE hindering progress with minor updates. Thanks again for your time man and hope to be able to get into the bones of coding the content once I figure out how to correct the zoneID information for the adjusted npcs (I have created a separate thread under general discussion for anyone who is willing to point me in the right direction). Good luck everyone and happy coding! :D