Mythic weapons & weaponskills

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
Cyprus

Mythic weapons & weaponskills

Post by Cyprus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:05 am

I know that ToAU hasn't had a lot of focus yet as it is outside the current target goals...but I am curious to know where things stand in regards to Mythic weapons & weaponskills. I know that Nyzul, Assault, Salvage & Eihnerjar are not working...at least from what I have read around the forums. But are the mythic weapons & skills updated/scripted in the game? If I were to make the items obtainable on my server; would the weaponskills work?; would the stats on the weapons work?; would the aftermath effects work?

If anyone has an answer to this, it would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on making these available through other means but only if they are actually useful.

legionffxi

Re: Mythic weapons & weaponskills

Post by legionffxi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:53 am

Cyprus wrote:I know that ToAU hasn't had a lot of focus yet as it is outside the current target goals...but I am curious to know where things stand in regards to Mythic weapons & weaponskills. I know that Nyzul, Assault, Salvage & Eihnerjar are not working...at least from what I have read around the forums. But are the mythic weapons & skills updated/scripted in the game? If I were to make the items obtainable on my server; would the weaponskills work?; would the stats on the weapons work?; would the aftermath effects work?

If anyone has an answer to this, it would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on making these available through other means but only if they are actually useful.
You would need to build the weapons into the database, to make them obtainable, as well as add the hidden effects. We actually have them done and scripted just have not released them yet as our server has not gone live yet.

Cyprus

Post by Cyprus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 pm

So you are saying that they work as intended, but are not obtainable right? I assume the hidden effects you are talking about not working are the aftermath effects? I am just looking to find out what works as far as Mythics are concerned on the darkstar github since that is where I built the server from & pull updates from.

I can easily add them into a drop table in order to have them available on my server...that much is not an issue.

legionffxi

Post by legionffxi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Cyprus wrote:So you are saying that they work as intended, but are not obtainable right? I assume the hidden effects you are talking about not working are the aftermath effects? I am just looking to find out what works as far as Mythics are concerned on the darkstar github since that is where I built the server from & pull updates from.

I can easily add them into a drop table in order to have them available on my server...that much is not an issue.
You need to build the weapons in the database, there's like 4 files to edit to do it. The IDs are there so you can copy and paste them so you get lucky and wont have to find the GUID as its already there. But you will need to build the rest of them including the aftermath effect.

Cyprus

Post by Cyprus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Ah...well that sucks a bit. I have so little free time away from work & am still learning a lot of this stuff so that is probably biting off more than I can chew. I guess for the time being, we will just work toward the standard relics & not bother on the classes that had useless ones. At least we will have the salvage gear sets to try for as I already added them into some of the HNM drop tables that were useless.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:35 pm

the level 75 weapons do not give the mythic weaponskill when equipped, but they do give aftermath if you have it already and use it. i believe the relic weapons do give their weaponskill when equipped, so it's not really a big deal to see how they do it and put it on mythics too (no idea why someone hasn't done that yet).

i would imagine that the special effect (enhances third eye, enhances divine veil, etc) all don't work, though

Cyprus

Post by Cyprus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Ya, the weaponskills were obtained separately from the Mythics but the aftermath was tied to the WS/weapon combo from what I remember. I did test a relic on a GM account when I first built my server & they do indeed work as they should...at least the scythe did. I didn't test to see that the aftermath effect was working correctly, although it does show up in your buffs.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Cyprus wrote:Ya, the weaponskills were obtained separately from the Mythics but the aftermath was tied to the WS/weapon combo from what I remember. I did test a relic on a GM account when I first built my server & they do indeed work as they should...at least the scythe did. I didn't test to see that the aftermath effect was working correctly, although it does show up in your buffs.
kind of, you can obtain the mythic WS without the weapon, but you are supposed to still get the weaponskill in your list with the mythic weapon equipped even if you didn't unlock it

Cyprus

Post by Cyprus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:44 pm

That would make sense...I never put in the time to obtain my mythic back when I played but I did get the WS on a few jobs. I wish I knew more about coding...I would definitely spend a Sunday morning getting the Mythics up to snuff.

dragonarmor

Post by dragonarmor » Sat May 27, 2017 4:00 pm

legionffxi wrote:
Cyprus wrote:So you are saying that they work as intended, but are not obtainable right? I assume the hidden effects you are talking about not working are the aftermath effects? I am just looking to find out what works as far as Mythics are concerned on the darkstar github since that is where I built the server from & pull updates from.

You need to build the weapons in the database, there's like 4 files to edit to do it. The IDs are there so you can copy and paste them so you get lucky and wont have to find the GUID as its already there. But you will need to build the rest of them including the aftermath effect.
I'm interested in adding some Ultimate Weapons. What are the 4 files that I would need to edit in order to do this? Just a quick overview would be great help. Thanks