So quiet lately

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
Delaide

So quiet lately

Post by Delaide » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:02 am

So, where has everyone been? It has been so quiet lately.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Re: So quiet lately

Post by kjLotus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:46 pm

waiting for critical bugs to pop up, otherwise playing the new call of duty and soon warlords of draenor

also waiting for people to test the zmq branch

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Gotten so very quiet again D:
lol, I love FFXI, and wonder why it has went downhill so far. Even WoW is still going good, but not FFXI.
I have been playing around with the Single Player Project on WoW, and with Trinity's 6.1 release, although not very much to the 6.1, but it makes me wonder why FFXI has been so abandoned, and the forums have went to dead again lately.

Run_Away

Post by Run_Away » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 am

The reason why FFXI is dead is because SE works on more Final Fantasy Titles

Blizzard does not work on NEW Warcraft Titles

horizon

Post by horizon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:29 am

seems like activity comes in little waves around here. I lurk a lot, but I suppose I don't talk as much as I could as my questions always end up being simple fixes I should've seen myself -_-; I finally got pumped to do some work and started playing around with things again, but I've since become a bit demoralized courtesy of the motherboard in my new pc crapping out. If Asus ever fixes/sends me a new one and lets me put this half-taken-apart wire kraken of a notebook away again, hopefully I can get re-motivated, even if its just starting with little things.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:47 am

Delaide wrote:Gotten so very quiet again D:
99% of activity is in IRC rather than here

Desufire

Post by Desufire » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm going to probably feel stupid when/if I get an answer to this but, what is IRC? I've tried browsing through here for the answer, but haven't found anything (obviously). I just want to stay as up to date as possible with this project for when I start contributing.

kjLotus
Special Guest

Post by kjLotus » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:12 am

internet relay chat - you download an irc client, join the server we're on, join the channel we're in, and it's a chatroom where we all discuss whatever (the server/channel are in the readme on github)

Delaide

Post by Delaide » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:41 am

Desufire wrote:I'm going to probably feel stupid when/if I get an answer to this but, what is IRC? I've tried browsing through here for the answer, but haven't found anything (obviously). I just want to stay as up to date as possible with this project for when I start contributing.
Think of it as an instant messaging app with rooms instead of 1 to 1. Although it does have private room functions.