Who Knows Cut Sense IDs?

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
WiiStream

Who Knows Cut Sense IDs?

Post by WiiStream » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:02 am

The command @cs eventid op1 op2 op3 op4 op5 op6 op7 op8

Who Knows the on character create cs for new character for starter areas?

Also if anyone has a list of CS that would be awesome. if it was posted.

ik2012

Re: Who Knows Cut Sense IDs?

Post by ik2012 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Not sure what your are asking for exactly..but here is the list of cut scene ID numbers

http://kile.dyndns.info:8765/index.php?title=Event_IDs

Note the list is incomplete e.g. Shantotto is missing many cs id's on that list. Not sure of other NPCs missing id #'s but I am sure there are a few others out there.

Also note that you may see the same ID number for multiple NPCs. This just means the NPC is featured in that scene and they may not actually have dialog. Run down the whole list for any NPC you are trying to script for to make sure you get the right CS!

WiiStream

Post by WiiStream » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm

now can you view the cut sense with the command @cs 530 any where, or do you have to be in the zone location of that cut sense?

not sure why but my cs are not showing with @cs unknown what happen.

What I was trying to ask was this,,

When a player creates a character for the first time. when they enter the game the core load a CS event for that nation, what ever nation it might be, and gives the player the first quest the new adventure quest it think.

I was asking if anyone knew how to find them id's.

And thank you that was a big help

ik2012

Post by ik2012 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:49 pm

To use the @cs command you need the decimal value from the Event IDs list. Quests are scripted using the hexadecimal equivalent. Are you typing something straight from a lua file?
The @cs command will play the event ID for your current zone, so you need to be there first. The options on the end are there to inject item/key item names and gil amounts into the event. They should be typed in with spaces between the values. You also need to experiment with the values to make sure your cutscene reads correctly.

I don't know how these ID numbers are captured from retail so I can't help with the starter cs :(

babblebab

Post by babblebab » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:54 pm

The IDs are specific to whatever zone you are in. The cutscenes that play when a new character is created are controlled in your servers settings file, and are turned off by default. It's fairly straightforward how to turn them back on. If you are looking for event IDs that are not in the documentation folder or on the Wiki already, POLUtilis or Auto-Event ID can generate the values for you by zone name.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Pretty sure the opening events are already scripted...just need to change a setting somewhere to turn them on.

Metalfiiish
Developer

Post by Metalfiiish » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 am

Blue is right, there is an option that turns them off (set by default). Not sure where but it is there.

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 pm

settings.lua

Doesn't play if you can't log in successfully the first time, so some clients/methods will still skip them.

Not sure why that's off by default, but haven't really worried about it.

bluekirby0
Developer

Post by bluekirby0 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:12 am

Honestly its probably due to the amount of new characters devs have to create to test...watching that CS every time would be tedious.