FFXIV ARR....

Any discussion not related to the other forum topics
Magiknight

FFXIV ARR....

Post by Magiknight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Is a piece of crap and this is my rant about it. I'm not supposed to say ANYTHING about the game except in the official forums that only beta testers have access to. When I go to those forums people say things like

"There are a few important quests in the beginning stages of the game that are necessary to complete in order to unlock critical game features, such as the armory system which is unlocked by completing your class quests up to level 10, and "Spirithold Broken" which is required to unlock levequests and your inn-room.
The problem is that the player is never notified that these quests have become available or where they need to go in order to accept these quests. So a new player will have trouble accessing important content because they don't know how to get the quests."

The thing is that you ARE notified of these quests via an icon on your mini map. This person is basically saying "make the game easier." Most of the posts say something about making the game easier. Is that really all people want?

In FFXI you never knew who had a quest for you until you spoke to them. You had to explore and take chances. It was a world for you to get to know. When I play FFXIV I am guided via my minimap from one location to the next. Everything in between might as well not be there. You are ALWAYS being told to go from one point to the next. When an NM pops EVERYONE in the area is notified and everyone fighting is treated as one party. Everyone gets a reward.

Of course there is no death penalty. Die as much as you want. Usually you can teleport back to a location close to where you died. What race you pick doesn't matter. How you chose to level doesn't matter (quests, solo, groups, levequests, etc).

I just can't stand a game. It's easy and there is as little difference as possible between one player and the next (and everyone moans and groans about character customization).

whasf
Site Admin

Re: FFXIV ARR....

Post by whasf » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Why not use "?" for quest givers and "!" for quest update/completion icons for the NPCs.. lol

Sadly I'm not in the alpha/beta so I haven't seen it.
-- Whasf

Raize13

Post by Raize13 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Same as Whasf, im not involved in the beta but YES that is what people want. Games are no longer about a vast world of endless possibility, they are about getting to end game the fastest and then farming gear the fastest and then afk for six months while i wait on the NEXT expansion to beat the fastest.

PS. Its bullshit!!

Isis

Post by Isis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:26 am

They do have ? and ! lol . As well as all kinds of other rails for the player to follow. We will see how it turns out. But yoshi clearly expressed that he intends the game to be "accessible to players of games like WoW". He wants it accessible to the lowest common denominator, so if people on the official forums , which i no longer frequent are complaining to make it easier. itll be made easier.

Raize13

Post by Raize13 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:01 pm

This makes me honestly consider rebooting my FFXI account... I miss the good ole days of hard games that made you think and work for the shit you got...

PrBlahBlahtson
Developer

Post by PrBlahBlahtson » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Raize13 wrote:This makes me honestly consider rebooting my FFXI account... I miss the good ole days of hard games that made you think and work for the shit you got...
So much complaining whenever I try to do that!

joshr45

Post by joshr45 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:53 pm

i stopped playing ffxi once they uncapped to 90, it seemed pointless to sit in abyssea every day, level job after job, they should have just left it alone at 75 i probably would still be playing

Suragata

Post by Suragata » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:09 am

FFXIV ARR didnt seem too easy, it just seemed a little too "done this before". I couldnt find anything worth staying logged on for. I felt like i was doing the same bland thing over and over.

I dont have a good or bad thing to say about it, just that I would rather play a DS private server than retail as it is now, or ffxiv arr.

Accomplishment actually means something in old-school FFXI and I think thats what ffxiv and retail now lack.

Raize13

Post by Raize13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:47 am

It did, getting your jobs up to 75 and getting the gear you wanted was a serious accomplishment for any player. Like any game you have those people who max everything and get all the gear for every class, but who cares. The problem started when people who only play 10 hours a week wanted to be like those who played >9000 hours a week. And thus welfare was borne into the MMORPG world. Thats why i quit wow, and i cant stand most MMOs now. Too many people can get everything for no time spent.

Im REALLY hoping with ARR that maybe Squeenix will try to put the power back in the hands of gamers, and stop feeding these crying bitches. That being said I know they are just a company looking to make money and there are far more crying morons out there paying for games than people who will actually work for it. Here's to hoping.

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 pm

I have a beta/legacy FFXIV account. I played to level 14 for beta phase 1.

Word from my old FFXIV linkshell is the beta is easy and boring. A downgrade from 1.23 FFXIV which everyone seemed to be content with. Of the 20 "hardcore" linkshell members I was with in 1.23, about 8-10 played beta to level 30, of which they again complained of the combat system, also again boring and easy content.

Personally I like the graphics. Seeing as I only went to level 14, I can't give much of an opinion personally, besides references.

Considering all the 50s I leveled before beta came, I'll be checking out phase 2 and on. Saving my opinions for then, although I don't have high expectations.